Chiguru which translates to “budding” is a flagship initiative by Youth for Seva. It provides a strong and unique platform for students from Government schools and learning centers to showcase their inbuilt talents in the field of academics, and arts. YFS believes that every child has a unique inbuilt talent which cannot be taught, it can only be awakened. Chiguru also provides meaningful volunteering opportunity to individuals igniting a sense of empathy & individual social responsibility among the volunteers Theme of this year’s Chiguru is ‘Nature’.
Highlights of the Event.
- 2584 Children
- 74 Government schools and 20 Learning Centers and 59 buses for transportation.
- 762 Volunteers (389 corporate volunteers, 50 college volunteers, 276 regular, 47 judges), & 177 teachers who accompanied the children.
- 17 Competitions in 2 different categories – Educational, Cultural and Arts.
- 251 Volunteers trained the children for 1 month as part of Chiguru preparation.
Impact on kids
- Chiguru provides the rare platform to Government school children to overcome their stage-fear and build confidence.
- It is an event where about 2584 children share one ground to interact, share knowledge and build healthy team spirit.
- Self-Confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it – is the message that goes out loud.
Impact on Volunteers
- Volunteers spend their time, share knowledge, help in improving skills while they take back a true experience of the joy in giving.
- Chiguru is a great platform for volunteers to understand the importance of being empathetic, considerate and supportive towards the under-privileged sections of the society.
- “Thank you so much! It was an amazing event thanks for such a great arrangements hats off ” –Keshav, HSBC
- “Overall it’s like a cog wheel- every role, team and individual is important. It was an amazing experience and I wish to be associated [further]” – Aparna, Volunteer
More pictures of the event here: Chiguru 2019 Bengaluru 2.0 on Facebook