Chiguru which translates to “budding” is a flagship initiative by Youth for Seva. It provides a strong and unique platform for students from Government schools to showcase their inbuilt talents in the field of academics, sports and arts. YFS believes that every child has a unique inbuilt talent which cannot be taught, it can only be awakened. Chiguru also provides meaningful volunteering opportunity to individuals igniting a sense of empathy & individual social responsibility among the volunteers.
Highlights of the Event
- 3500 Children
- 150 Government schools and slums and 93 buses for transportation.
- 1000 Volunteers from 23 Corporates and 5 Colleges
- 15 Competitions in 3 different categories – Educational, Cultural and Sports
- 135 Prizes
- 3000 kids had lunch as ‘Pankti bhojan’ at one go served by 500 volunteer
Impact on kids
- Chiguru provides the rare platform to Government school children to overcome their stage-fear and build confidence.
- It is an event where about 3500 children share one ground to interact, share knowledge and build healthy team spirit.
- Self-Confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it – is the message that goes out loud.
Impact on Volunteers
- Volunteers spend their time, share knowledge, help in improving skills while they take back a true experience of the joy in giving.
- Chiguru is a great platform for volunteers to understand the importance of being empathetic, considerate and supportive towards the under-privileged sections of the society.
More pictures of the event here: Chiguru 2019 Hyderabad 2.0 on Facebook