‘Warriors of Change Fellowship’ is a program that enables young leaders who are conscious about social problems and are keen to solve those. Fellowship program provides an opportunity to explore and equip the fellows to solve social problems.
This is one-year part time program in which ‘Youth For Seva’ guides journey of fellows in the path of realizing their vision. Youth for Seva coaches and mentors the fellows in planning and executing programs that addresses social issues.
How do I get Involved?
I’m an Individual:
You can be a working professional, a homemaker or a student, Youth for Seva will help you to realize your ideas to make a difference to the society. This platform provides you an opportunity to work with like-minded fellows. Youth for Seva will guide you in connecting to different activity centers and also help you to engage other volunteers in the project.
I’m representing a corporate company:
Corporate Employees today have been going through a paradigm shift when it comes to a perspective of Social Service. Lots of your employees are involved in corporate initiated volunteering programs. Few of these volunteers have some ideas and they want to drive them on a long-term basis. Corporate volunteers can balance their time between their work and passion as the program is flexible and part-time.
Youth for Seva is ready to design and conduct a program for your organization if a minimum of 25 employees from your organization is interested to participate and the organization is ready to sponsor the program cost. Eminent personalities like Dr.R. Balasubramanium from SVYM, Prof.R Vaidyanathan from IIMB, Prof.K.V.Raju from ISEC and Madan Padaki from Head Held High, would be available to guide the fellows as guest speakers for some of the enrichment sessions.
I’m representing an educational institute:
Thousands of college students are engaged in volunteering activities by the institutes. Student volunteers can balance their time between their education and passion as the program is flexible and part-time.
Youth for Seva is ready to design and conduct a program for your college if a minimum of 25 students from your institution is interested and your institution is willing to sponsor the program cost.
How does the Fellowship benefit me?
- It brings in passionate change makers like you under one platform.
- It’s part time engagement. Provides an opportunity for you to participate in the program irrespective of whether you are a student, a home maker or a working professional.
- You can attend workshops and enrichment sessions to equip yourself to solve social problems.
- You’re coached and mentored by experienced social leaders.
- You get connected to resource persons who can help in specific areas.
- You’ll be guided to build your volunteering team and sometimes connected with YFS volunteers based on the need.
What kind of topics are covered in Workshops and Enrichment Sessions?
- Introduction to Fellowship
- Theory of Change
- Design and Planning of the program
- Journey of a social worker
- Organization and Legal nature
- Proposals and Corporate Engagement
- Building executive teams, volunteers and donors, Partnerships and collaborations
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Documentation and reporting
- Two days of Travel immersion program
- Reflection session with accomplished Social Leaders
Am I eligible?
- You’re aged above 18 years.
- You’re passionate about solving social problems
- You’ve volunteered for at least 50 hours for any social cause in last one year
- You’re committed to give time at regular intervals for a minimum of one year
- You’re committed to dedicate a minimum of 4-5 hours for the project every week.
- You’re committed to follow the guidelines set for fellowship program
Program Timelines for General batch (for 2019-2020 batch)
- Invitation for fellowship applications – February 2019
- Last date for application – March 15th 2019
- Announcement of selected members – April 15th 2019
- Commencement of fellowship – May 2019
- Session calendar will be announced to the members
- Conclusion of the program – May 2020
Warriors of Change Fellowship : 2018-2019
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. I haven’t got an opportunity to volunteer. How can I become eligible for this program ?
Ans. Youth for Seva provides an opportunity to volunteer based on your interests and location. Please go ahead and register as volunteer here.
Q. How do I apply for a fellowship ?
Ans. You can apply here for the next batch.
Q. What kind of projects I can work on ?
Ans. We encourage to take up issues close to your heart. If you are unable to decide, please feel free to reach us. We can help.
Q. I am a student. Am I eligible ?
Ans. Yes, students can also participate in the fellowship program provided they meet the criteria identified above.
Q. How do I get financial support to execute the project ?
Ans. Youth for Seva provides required guidance to raise funds from different sources.
Q. Is this program supported in different cities ?
Ans. Sessions will be conducted in Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Delhi. Fellows can run the program anywhere as long as they can attend the scheduled sessions.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 9606077048