Youth for Seva has designed several volunteering models to enable individuals get involved in the community despite their time constraints. Volunteering is made easy as it caters to the individual’s interests and convenience w.r.t. time availability and location. Currently, the following models are in place:
Ways to Volunteer
- Weekend volunteering: Spare a few hours on weekends. This is ideal for professionals and college students.
- Weekday volunteering: Give few hours for 2-3 days during the week. This is most suitable for housewives and retirees.
- Short Term Seva Intern: Volunteer every day for 1 month or more during their semester breaks. College students who wish to learn more about the social sector can benefit from this model. YFS will provide certificates after the intern completes the project.
- Long Term Seva Intern: Volunteer every day for 6 months after graduation to gain deeper understanding of the social sector and contribute significantly. This is suitable for those looking for a job or looking for a career change. YFS will reimburse all reasonable experiences incurred during this time.
- Virtual volunteering: People with special skills like creative writing, movie making, website creation, graphics design, etc. can help YFS and other NGOs with backend tasks such as creating websites, newsletters, grant proposals and project reports.
Volunteering Professional Services: One can offer professional skills to serve community’s needs. ‘Doctors for Seva’ is one such initiative of YFS. Similarly auditors, lawyers, writers or any other professionals can offer their professional services.